Sunday, April 22, 2012

1939 Camel advertisement

I've been thinking of doing this as a new segment for a while now. Ever since I was a little little kid I've always been fascinated with magazine and TV ads. Obviously billboards fall into this category too, but really it's been Magazine ads that I've always loved. I have a ton of old theater and game programs, and a few old dust up life magazines that I've, for some reason, held onto over the years. And now I'm organizing a way to either sell or just discard them as we declutter our lives up. I decided to start scanning some of the ads and posting them here as a way to hold onto them without actually holding onto them. Hope you folks dig some of them. Also, I in no way endorse half the crap these ads are selling. I just think they're fun.

This Camel ad is from the back cover of a 1939 N.Y. Giants vs Pittsburgh Pirates Football program.
"More pleasure per puff _ More puffs per pack" So catchy, I love it.


No comments: